I was recently setting up a printer redirect for remote desktop, there is a Microsoft Support entry on it, but basically it boils down to these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns\RDPDR
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type FilterQueueType, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type FFFFFFFF, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
This enables all ports on the client to be redirected.